If you are sick of the usual service and architecture you see everytime you travel, the following hotels are a must-try for every curious traveler. Each has a different construction and thematic, so you’re bound to find something you will enjoy. Here are 10 amazing, offbeat hotel destinations.
1. The Giraffe Manor is a luxurious and exclusive hotel located just outside Kenya’s capital, Nairobi, famous for its resident herd of giraffe. Apart from the top accommodation, you can enjoy Nairobi’s finest kitchens and bump heads with a giraffe or two. According to their website, the Giraffe Manor is the only place in the world where you can enjoy the breathtaking experience of feeding and photographing the giraffe over the breakfast table and at the front door.
2. It’s not the comfort you’re usually accustomed with, but the dasparkhotel is an innovative hospitality tool many people are starting to enjoy. Located in Ottensheim, Austria, the offbeat hotel offers three 10-ton segments of drainage pipe, each 6.5 feet in diameter for you to stay in.
3. Located in Harlingen, one hour drive from Amsterdam, Netherlands, the Harbour Crane offers you total control over your accomodation. Used until 1996 to unload timber, the crane is now offered for day-time and night-time occupation by two people.
4. A hotel dog lovers will particularly enjoy, the Dog Bark Park Inn is a hotel located in Cottonwood, Idaho, in the shape of a beagle. Guests enter the body of the beagle from a private 2nd story deck. Some of the decorations and furniture inside the hotel are made by an artist to fit in with the hotel’s theme.
5. Perhaps one of the most luxurious places you can stay in is the Hotel Everland in Paris, a one-room inn on the roof of the Palais de Tokyo museum. The hotel includes bathroom, a king-size bed and a lounge, being only available one night. The view is one of the most magnificent – Seine and the Eiffel Tower shining bright at night. You can only make reservations online, just one random hour a day.
6. Mixing Turkish and European influence, the Marmara Antalya, in Antalya, Turkey, is Turkey’s most prestigious chain, taking pride in stunning views, great architecture and warm service. The exciting detail is that each of the two dozens room spins slowly so that guest take in the entire view.
7. Also located in Turkey is the Cappadocia Hotel, a building literally carved into the Yunak Evleri mountain cliff. It offers cave houses, just like the Flintones had, and a 19th century Greek mansion – complete with 30 rooms dating back to the 5th and 6th century.
8. Part of the Woodlyn Park in New Zealand (the Hobbit Motel) is likely the place where hobbits stayed while shooting Lord of The Rings. You can stay in one of the two hillside burrows that are almost identical to the ones J.R.R. Tolkien talks about in his books.
9. Just outside of Cave Junction, Oregon, the the Out ‘n’ About Treesort & Treehouse Institute offers 18 treehouses you probably couldn’t have dreamt up as a child. Many rooms have bathrooms and refrigerators. Some are located at an amazing height of 300 feet. Nothing better for a serene vacation than living it up in the woods.
10. Another interesting destination for New Zealand, Christchurch more precisely, is the Wagon Stays. The name says it all: you get to stay in wagons equipped with bathrooms, kitchens, and satellite TV. Wagon Stays offers the atmosphere of an early settlers wagon combined with modern facilities to maximize your comfort.
- Amazing place in the world: Setenil (Spain): a unique city between the rock
- 40 Interesting Facts Around the World
- 10 Amazing Wildlife Facts for Children
- Creative ads around the world
- 10 Fascinating Frozen Wonders of Nature